The mission of The International Academy of Endodontics is to improve the oral health of the public by promoting the highest quality of non-commercial endodontic and scientific continuing education for its membership. .......our members seek out speakers from many areas in biology, medicine and dentistry who are exceptional leaders in their field. The goal of the meeting is to provide advanced knowledge and understanding, to give inspiration through basic science and clinical leadership, and to provide serious mentorship for all attendees.
June 27 (Members Meeting for IAE Members only), 2019
June 28-29 (Scientific Program for All Attendees), 2019
Highlights of Speakers and Topics
Long Essay Presentations
Dr. Rahim Karmali, DDS
Myofascial Pain and the Endodontic Connection
- Dr. Karmali Received his DDS degree from Washington Univerisity and trained at VA Long Beach for postgraduate Endodontics.
- Dr. Karmali is the immediate past president of IAE and practices in Denver, CO. He is one of the top speakers in non-odontogenic pain.
- Visit Dr. Karmali's website
Dr. Charles Goodacre
Tooth Retention Through Root Canal Treatment Or Periodontal Therapy versus Tooth Replacement Using Dental Implants Or Fixed Partial Dentures: Which Treatment Is Best?
- Dr. Goodacre received his DDS degree from Loma Linda University School of Dentistry in 1971. He completed a three year combined program in Prosthodontics and Dental Materials at Indiana University School of Dentistry and in 1974 earned his MSD degree.
- Understands patient-centered outcomes and the relationship between high-quality endodontics and high-quality restorative dentistry.
- Read more about Dr. Goodacre
Dr. Steven Goldstein
Maximum Esthetics in Restorative Dentistry Using Both Digital and Analog Technologies
- Dr. Goldstein went to Georgetown and completed the Perio-Pros at Penn.
- Digital dentistry; what works and what doesn’t.
- We need the human element to finish restorations as well as humans to tell the machines what to do! Crowns do not make themselves!
- Visit Dr. Goldstein's website
Dr. Pat Croskerry
Clinical Decision Making and Strategies to Improve Clinical Debiasing.
- Dr. Croskerry has published over 80 journal articles and 30 book chapters on patient safety and clinical decision making. He has worked in patient safety for the last 15 years and has given over 500 talks locally, nationally and internationally. He established the first Canadian Symposium on Patient Safety.
- Dr. Croskerry’s research is concerned with clinical decision-making, specifically the diagnostic process. He was a member of the organizing committee of the first conference on Diagnostic Error (2008, Phoenix) and the second conference (2009, Los Angeles). He has contributed at each annual international conferences on Diagnostic Error in Medicine since.
- Learn more about Dr. Croskerry
Dr. Sander Greenland
What if anything have we learned and can we learn from nutritional epidemiology?
- Dr. Greenland is a statistician and epidemiologist and well known for his work in nutrition.
- He’s known for his work in meta-analysis, Bayesian and causal inference.
- Find out more about Dr. Greenland via his faculty page at UCLA.
- Read more about Dr. Greenland
Dr. Paul Chang
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in Medicine: A Reality Check
- BA from Harvard, MD from Stanford and MS degree in Engineering-Economic Systems.
- Dr. Chang is a radiologist and an internationally recognized authority in the field of imaging informatics (which is the science of processing data for storage and retrieval) and artificial intelligence.
- Read more about Dr. Chang from his faculty page at the University of Chicago.
Major Brian Shul, USAF, Retired
The Speed of Life
SR-71 Pilot, Vietnam War Veteran
Major Brian Shul is a Vietnam War-era attack pilot and a retired major in the United States Air Force (USAF). He flew 212 combat missions and was shot down near the end of the war. He was so badly burned that he was given next to no chance to live. Surviving, he returned to full flight status, flying the SR-71 Blackbird. Major Shul completed a 20-year career in the Air Force. He has written four books on aviation and runs a photo studio in Marysville, California. (Source: Wikipedia)
Short Essay Presentations
Steve Delgado, DDS
Changes in Teaching Instrumentation to Endodontists
Roberto Ricci, OTR, MSc
The Stress-Breathing Connection in Atypical Orofacial Pain
John Hatton, DMD & Craig Rhodes, DMD
Perception / Eye Tracking
Jason Joe, DDS
Endodontic Case Presentations
Tyler Boss, DDS
Full-Service Endodontics: Intentional Reimplantation, Another Arrow in the Quiver
Jason McDaniel, DDS
Conflict Resolution in Clinical Practice
Mark Parhar, DMD, MSc
Clinical Use of Bioceramic Materials