International Academy of Endodontics, Annual Meeting
The Fairmont Hotel
“Suturing Under the Microscope”
Provision of a rational of suturing under the microscope is not new, and ideas of suturing utilizing a high magnification was proved to be efficient by medical care specialists as well as dental specialists, like periodontists, almost a decade ago. Unfortunately and by far suturing was a very stressful procedure for those whose primary background is not surgical. Based on personal experience and ideas, we will try to overview certain materials, methods and techniques that can be utilized by endodontists in their everyday practice.
Attendees will learn:
1. Why suturing, as a part of surgical treatment, is needed in everyday endodontic practice.
2. How efficiently and with less stress perform suturing under the microscope.
3. Basic ergonomic concepts of suturing utilizing high magnification of operating microscope and chair-side interaction.
4. Appropriate choice of instruments and suture materials used in microsurgery.
5. Different type of sutures used in endodontic surgery.