1) The aesthetic importance of the papilla.
2) Biological factors affecting papilla.
3) Restorative factors affecting papilla.
- Understand the anatomy and function of the papilla.
- Understand how variations in supporting structures of the teeth and implants affect the papilla.
- Understand how variations in dental hard tissues and restorations affect the papilla.
Patrick Caldwell is a registered specialist in Endodontics. He graduated in Dentistry with Honours from the University of Queensland in 1998 and then went on to work for the Royal Australian Navy, both ashore and at sea. During this time, he undertook advanced training in restorative dentistry and in 2002 sat examinations and was elected a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons.
In 2003 Patrick began a three year, full-time training program in endodontic therapy and microsurgery, graduating with a Masters of Dental Science in Endodontics. He has since gone on to complete additional advanced training, graduating with a Masters of Clinical Dentistry in Implant Dentistry.
In 2006, he returned to work with the Royal Australian Navy and was also engaged as a Visiting Specialist at the Sydney Dental Hospital.
In 2009 Patrick moved to Shanghai, China where he was the only Endodontist in a city of 21 million people.
In late 2010, Patrick returned home to Australia and currently lives on the Sunshine Coast. He is a lecturer at the University of Queensland.