Harold Crossley, M.S., D.D.S., Ph. D.
Santa Monica, California, USA
Friday, June 26, 2020
International Academy of Endodontics, Annual Meeting
The Scottsdale Princess Resort
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
“Pharmacotherapeutics for the Endodontic Professional"
This presentation will explore the current recommendations for controlling post-operative dental pain, responsible use of antibiotics for orofacial infections, and some of the most serious drug interactions involving dental medications.
- Antibiotic therapy
- Current standards for pain control
- Significant drug interactions
- Name the primary and secondary antibiotics most often used for endodontic infections and when to use them/
- Name an alternative to opioids for managing post-operative endodontic pain.
- Recognize three of the most serious drug interactions that can occur with dental drugs.
Honorary member of the Hinman Dental Society
Professor Emeritus University of Maryland Dental School
Fellow of the International College of Dentist and American College of Dentists
About the Presenter:
Harold L. Crossley, D.D.S., M.S., Ph.D. is Professor Emeritus at the University of Maryland Dental School. A native of Rhode Island, Dr. Crossley received a Bachelor of Science degree in Pharmacy from the University of Rhode Island in 1964. He later was awarded the Master of Science (1970) and Doctorate degrees (1972) in Pharmacology. The University of Maryland Dental School in Baltimore awarded Dr. Crossley the D.D.S. degree in 1980.